12.16.2012

It's Finally Happening!!!! (Originally written on 9/8/12)

It's no secret that Jordan and I have been TTC.  I had a preconception appointment in January, when my doctor told me we could start trying in May.  We have been trying our hardest, and even with a few hiccups along the way and some really emotional weeks, I finally missed my period in August!  I tested on August 25, with a negative.  Tested again 3 days later, August 28, and got another negative.  Tested again August 31, and got the faintest of faint positives!!


Tested on September 1, because I couldn't wait, and got 2 clear positive tests!



That morning, I walked up to our bedroom and announced to Jordan, "Guess who's gonna be parents!?!"  He is thrilled and so am I!  I am, as of today, 6 weeks and 2 days along.  At least that's what my calculator tells me, because I haven't had my first OB appointment yet.  I've been eating really healthy, drinking plenty of water, taking my vitamins, trying to sleep enough, and trying not to stress out too much.  I've been reading SO many books on pregnancy, childbirth, and caring for infants.  My absolute favorite book so far has been Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.  I've been trying so hard to keep this news inside of me, and it's so hard!  I want to shout it out to everyone I see - "I'm pregnant!!!"

Here is my first pregnant belly shot :)


1 comment:

Stelanie said...

I can't believe you were able to keep this a secret for so long!!! We are so happy for you guys!! We can't believe we're going to be GRANDPARENTS! :0 Where does the time go? You were just five years old yesterday!!