12.16.2012

Week 11-18 Update

I've been SO horrible at blogging.  I really honestly feel so guilty about it.  I need to be updating you all on my pregnancy and keeping a record for the future so I don't forget everything!!  This post will include a lot of pictures, so bear with me.  I'm really sorry to everyone and hope you'll forgive me.

We announced to our families on October 21.  It went SO well!  We did the FaceTime tour and it was so fun seeing everyone's reactions.  My mom and dad were called first.  When we showed them the ultrasound, my mom (who works in a fertility clinic) said, "What is that?"  My dad, catching on quickly, said, "Oh my gosh..."  Then my mom screamed and yelled, "You're pregnant!!!!!"  Then she started crying and asked lots of questions.  It was so fun and great!!    We called Jim and Wendy next, and had lots of trouble with their internet, so it was really lucky we were able to do FaceTime.  Jordan helped them set up the internet and then we called them.  When we showed them the ultrasound, Jim said, "What is that?"  Then Wendy poked him in the side, and said, "It's a baby!!"  It was so cute!  Later that evening we announced to my brother Jared and he was so excited (You're pregnant!), and emailed my brother Jordan on his mission in Argentina.

We announced to everyone in our branch at the Branch Halloween Party on October 26.  We wore these shirts I had made, and they were a big hit at the party.


I told my boss sometime after then.  I was trying to talk to her in her office, and never could, so we went in the laundry room on our unit and I told her.  She was so excited and hugged me, and asked me questions about what I was planning for maternity leave and such.  After I told her, it just leaked out to all other staff members :)

My appointment with my new OB, Dr. Thomas Mead at Dominion Women's Health was so great!  He seemed so nice and easy to get along with.  Here is a picture of our Jelly Baby at 12 weeks, 6 days, along with my first real bump (which is mostly clothes and bloat, if we're being honest, haha!).



We announced on Facebook on November 14 at 14 weeks and 5 days with these pictures.  Baby is the size of a lemon!



And 15 weeks (11/16/12), baby is the size of a navel orange...


Around this time, I had yet another (voluntary) change in my schedule.  I began a job share with the nurse who does Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).  Basically, I work a few days a week as the ECT nurse and a few days a week on the unit.  ECT is nothing like "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest."  It's very beneficial for different patients with depression, catatonia, etc. where medications aren't helpful.  Anyways, with this additional job, I have to wake up at 4:20 AM!!!!  Ahh!!  Needless to say, my sleep has been SO erratic.  Getting only 7 hours of sleep is no bueno for Melyn.  The great thing about this job, is that it allows me to sit at a desk for the majority of my day, which will be especially nice when I'm hugely pregnant.  Also, I get to come home at 2:30 in the afternoon.

We had our third OB appointment and Jordan was able to come to this one!!  Yay, celebrations!  Here is a picture of our baby looking right at the camera!


Thanksgiving was fun!  We went to our friend's house and ate delicious turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, salad, apple pie, etc.  Then we enjoyed a game of Risk.  (We are all very serious players!  No smiling allowed!)


Black Friday was fun because I finally got some maternity pants and some bigger bras!  The pants are SO comfy.  'Nuff said!

On November 28, I treated myself to "Project Prenatal Pamper Day" at the spa.  It was SO relaxing and worth every cent.  I got a massage, facial, lunch, mani/pedi.  I felt so relaxed and beautiful, and would highly recommend a pamper day to every pregnant woman.  Also a HUGE plus to the day was I felt the baby for the first time!  It was amazing!  The massage therapist said, "Now the massage will release a lot of endorphins and make the baby happy!"  So I was laying there feeling great, and I felt four distinct taps/kicks on the right lower side of my abdomen.  I couldn't believe it!  First-time moms very rarely feel their babies before the 5th month, but it was real!

17 weeks (11/30/12), baby is the size of an avocado...


18 weeks (12/7/12), baby is the size of a potato...and I love this bump picture!

2 comments:

Stelanie said...

That was sooo weird that you being pregnant wasn't on my mind at that moment! Before you announced to us the news I bet you were getting a little tired of me always asking, "are you pregnant yet?". Dad and I are so excited! We just wish you guys didn't live so dang far away!! I guess we'll just have to visit often! :)

Melyn said...

I think that's an excellent idea :)