8.25.2012

My Birth and Family, Questions 5, 6, and 7

Continued questions from the This is Me Challenge

5. How was your relationship with your siblings and parents?

When I was living with my family, my relationship with my siblings was pretty similar to other people's - we fought a lot!  We would have fun and joke with each other, but unfortunately, some of the time I not very nice to my brothers.  I had a hard time learning patience, but my mom persevered and taught me well.  I eventually learned to be more patient as I got older, and it has helped me today in my career and marriage.  Today, my brothers and I don't fight, but we do tease each other a lot!  I can't wait for Jordan to get home from his mission and for Jared to graduate high school.  It's so strange that they are old enough to do things like that!  

My parents and I have a good relationship.  We've always been pretty open with each other.  Parts of our personalities are very similar which makes it hard sometimes (especially when you both want something one way, lol) but good communication helps us out!  I love my parents!

6. What are some lessons/values you learned from you parents?

Communication
Punctuality (especially from my dad)
Respect for others, but especially for myself
Honesty
Hard Work
Integrity
Love of learning
Kindness
Spirituality
Dedication

7. How did you help in your home? 

We had jobs to do every week.  We would each clean our room and a bathroom every Saturday.  Every day we would do different things, like: washing dishes/filling dishwasher, folding laundry (when we were little), doing our own laundry (when we were older), setting the table, weeding the garden, walking the dog, cooking food, cleaning various parts of the house, etc.  It taught me to be a good worker and value the things I had.  

1 comment:

1runhen@comcast.net said...

I have been waiting a long time to read something. 5 weeks actually. Please write more. Melyns history. Jordans challenges and interesting times in medschool, church callings ect. we miss you guys. Love, Mom