12.16.2012

Week 10 Update (Originally written 10/18/12)

I finally made it to the double digits!  Yay, celebration!  I had my first prenatal appointment ever on October 3.  I was so excited and nervous at the same time!  The first thing was the dating ultrasound.  It was amazing.  At the time, I thought I was 9 weeks 6 days along.  Well, I guess that's the point of a dating ultrasound, because we found out our little jelly-baby was actually only 8 weeks 5 days along!  I guess I ovulate late, despite my regular cycles.  :)  So that is one reason I haven't blogged for a few weeks, because I've been catching up.  When you're reading all the previous pregnancy posts, just move the week back one.  I guess that all means I found out I was pregnant around 4 weeks!  Anyways, I'm rambling now.  Time to get to the stats!



Also, one little note :)  I may talk about things in these posts that are personal and sometimes gross.  This blog is meant as my journal and memory keeper, so please excuse me sometimes!


STATS

How far along: As I'm writing this, I'm 10 weeks 6 days.  Time has seriously flown!  I can't believe we're going to be announcing to everyone in about a week!!!!

How big is baby: The size of a prune!  Yummy, sweet prunes. 

Total weight gain: My weight fluctuates daily (like pre-pregnancy).  Last time I weighed myself, I had gained about 2 pounds.  So total is around 132.

Maternity clothes: I went and bought a sleeping bra finally from Motherhood Maternity.  The girl there was SO nice and helped me so much!  A little TMI here, but taking a bra off is painful.  Having one on while I'm sleeping helps keep me supported.  

Stretch marks: None yet, thank goodness.  I'm sure I'll get some though!

Sleep: Sleep has been off and on.  I'm still able to sleep on my stomach, hallelujah!  I'll take advantage of that while I can.  But I'm starting to get a tiny bump of fat and bloat, so I'm a tiny bit uncomfortable.  I've been sleeping with a small pillow under the edge of my stomach so that helps a little.
Best moment this week: Coming up with a way to announce to our families!  I'm so so excited!  Jordan and I are going to arrange a FaceTime with both of our families, saying we want to show them some updates to the house.  While we're going through the dining room, we'll show them our picture wall.  My first ultrasound will be framed there, and Jordan will say, "Oh, and this is Melyn's favorite picture she took a few weeks ago!"  Ta-Da!  I'm so excited to see everyone's reaction!
Food cravings: Oh my gosh YES.  It's sick, really.  I'm usually a pretty healthy person.  I don't eat fast food hardly ever and don't really like fatty, fried food.  Well, in the past few weeks, I bought take-out Chinese for some fried rice, egg rolls, and wontons; gotten KFC chicken and mashed potatoes (ate almost the whole thing of mashed potatoes by myself!), and McDonalds.  It really makes me sick when I think about all the gross stuff I've eaten.  I'm determined that I'm going to eat more healthy!  My baby needs it!  And I need it too - fat doesn't sit well with my stomach!
Anything making you queasy or sick: There are some lockers that we keep patient belongings in at work.  I work with a lot of homeless people, so naturally, their clothes aren't kept as well as some other people who have access to a washer/dryer.  I opened the locker one day and the intense smell that came out made me want to barf all over.  It was so sick.  I think my co-workers thought I was crazy, because I was spraying air freshener all over the nursing station!  Haha :)  Also, and this is very strange, but the smell of our dishwasher detergent is so disgusting right now.  Every time I go to empty the dishwasher or heat up a tuppeware, the smell comes out and makes me so nauseated.
Gender: Unknown!

Symptoms (if you don't want to read TMI, please skip!): Nausea is getting better.  It's not 24/7 anymore, just mainly in the mornings.  I'm really hungry a lot, and need to eat every few hours.  It's hard to eat that often at work too, but I manage.  I've been SO tired, and haven't done laundry in forever.  Jordan actually started 2 loads of laundry today (he is so sweet to me).  One thing that I learned while I was in my OB appointment is that I have hypothyroidism!  Apparently, it happens pretty frequently in pregnant women.  Some symptoms going along with hypothyroidism are being cold all the time (VERY bizarre for me, I'm usually hot all the time) and being constipated.  TMI again, but I've been so constipated.  It's awful.  I eat so much fiber, drink tons of water, take Colace, etc.  Ugh.  I've also been a little more moody than usual, but not bad - just teary :)
Things I miss: Nothing really!
Looking forward to: Being able to announce to everyone next week!  

Next Appointment: Well, I fired my other OB because her c-section and episiotomy rates were way too high for my liking.  So I found another with super low c-section and episiotomy rates and have an appointment with him on November 1!!

No comments: