12.16.2012

Week 19 Update

Again, I apologize for my apparent lack of interest in this blog...I'm having a hard time adjusting to my new work schedule and being pregnant! 



STATS

How far along: As I write this, I am 19 weeks and 2 days!  I absolutely am BLOWN AWAY that I'm almost half way there!!!

How big is baby: Our little baby is the size of a delicious mango!!  Almost one pound!  The baby is essentially fully formed, and vernix (that cheesy white stuff) is coating his/her skin for protection.  He/she can also hear us and is kicking up a storm in there!  

Total weight gain: Today I weighed 138.7 (I think), so +8.7 pounds.  By next week, I'm supposed to weigh 140, but I don't think I'm going to hit that mark.  I've been eating well, just not gaining to much.

Maternity clothes: Oh my, yes.  I love my maternity jeans!!  So comfortable.  I also have been wearing lots of skirts and dresses.  I'm going to need to get maternity scrubs or some other alternative soon though, cause it's really hard to get my scrub pants on in the morning, haha!

Stretch marks: None yet, still faithfully lotioning myself every morning!

Sleep: It's honestly pretty awful unless I don't have to work in the morning.  I'm going to have to change my routine or something, because getting only 7 hours of sleep kills me.  If I don't have work, I'll sleep a consistent 9.5 to 10 hours.  Then I'm happy :)  I've also been trying to take a hour nap after work most days.  That helps me a lot!
Best moment this week: Having this weekend off has been really nice and helped me to get some things done around the house.  I am also feeling the baby more, so see below :)
Movement: I feel the baby at least once a day.  I have to be sitting still and really focusing, otherwise I can't feel it.  I can press my belly down and feel the baby inside there.  It's such a strange feeling!  People describe it like butterflies, but it feels like tickling inside me.  It's strange to me that I can't feel the baby on the outside yet, but I know as he/she gets bigger we will be able to feel more! 
Food cravings: Hot dogs, sausage, bacon (if it's got nitrites in it, I want it!  Too bad I'm not allowed).  Guacamole and salsa.  I have loved spicy things so far and they don't give me horrible heartburn, so that's nice :)  I've also been craving cold water.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still the smell of my dishwasher and plastic tupperwares.  I think it's high time I get new tupperware!
Gender: Unknown, but the doctor at the last visit was 75% sure it is a girl.  I feel like it's a girl, and my co-worker brought up a good point that she only had bad acne with her girls, never with her boys, because of all the extra female hormones running around!  

Labor Signs: None, thankfully, but I did have a bad abdominal cramp the other day when my bladder was really full!

Symptoms (if you don't want to read TMI, please skip!): Shortness of breath, being tired ALL THE TIME, stuffy nose, very small amount of edema (swelling) in my feet, tender joints after standing or wearing bad shoes, sore and swollen breasts, being moody/depressed, some diarrhea (don't know why), horrid acne, and frequent urination!
Things I miss: Having a clear face.  Eating lunch meat/food with nitrites.  Feeling energetic and getting things done during the day instead of sleeping.
Looking forward to: Our next appointment and finding out if we're having a little boy or girl!!!!

Next Appointment: November 20, 2012. 

2 comments:

Louisa said...

I thought I already said this forever ago, but when I was rereading this post I realized that I didn't comment. Anyway, congratulations! What are you having?

Melyn said...

Thank you Louisa!! We are having a boy :) Congratulations to you as well!