12.16.2012

Week 7 Update (Originally written on 9/18/12)

I'm so excited to finally be doing these updates!  These past few weeks of not being able to tell anyone has been torture, and I don't know how I'll last 5 more weeks!!  


STATS

How far along: 7 weeks and 5 days!  Time is seriously flying!

How big is baby: A delicious baby Blueberry!  Jordan's been calling our baby a "baby blueberry," :) and I've been calling our baby a Jelly Baby.

Total weight gain: 0.2 pounds!  Haha to be honest, I'm having a hard time meeting my daily calorie requirement.  I've been using an app to track it all and it's hard!  Especially when you're eating healthy and veggies/fruits don't have many calories.  

Maternity clothes: None yet.  Jordan joked before we found out I was pregnant that the moment I found out, I'd go on a shopping spree!  That hasn't happened yet though.  I'm being cautious...


Stretch marks: None yet.  I know you can't really prevent them, but I've been lotioning basically my whole body every morning after my shower.


Sleep: Really restless!  I have the most insane, long dreams every night!  Like last night, I had a dream I was hanging out with this gay guy from college with all his friends and we were drinking.  Um, what?  I didn't really understand that one.  The night before that, I dreamed that Jordan and I were going down really tall waterslides for hours on end.  At the end of the waterslides, you would land in a really deep pool.  You would have to tip the lifeguard, and we tipped him with pieces of cheese and bread.  HAHA!!!


Best moment this week: Giving in to one of my cravings.  See below...

Movement: None yet, but hopefully in a few months!


Food cravings: YES.  A few days ago, I wanted to make Tollhouse Pie so badly!  Today I was seriously craving pesto sauce.  I gave in and made pasta with roast beef and pesto.  It was so freaking delicious.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Sadly, the day after I wanted Tollhouse Pie, I decided I would throw up if I made it. :(  Also anything sweet besides fruit makes me sick.  There are some cookies on our counter that make me sick every time I look at them.


Gender: I really, really hope we are having a girl!  I'd love a boy too, but this would be the first girl on Jordan's side and the first grandchild on my side.  :)

Symptoms: Oh man!  Morning sickness (or evening sickness, rather) has finally started.  I seriously thought that I wouldn't experience it.  :(  I was sick all day today, so I sat on the couch eating crackers and drinking Gatorade, lol.  
Sore boobs!  Agh!  
Tiredness.  I'm so tired all the time.  But, you know, I'm making a human here, give me a break ;)
Strange dreams.  See above!
Random irritability.  Poor Jordan, he is so sweet and good to me.  The good thing is, I know when I'm irrational, so I always apologize.

Things I miss: Being able to eat anything I want.

Looking forward to: Telling everyone at 12 weeks!  Going to our first appointment and seeing this little Jelly Baby and hearing the heartbeat!

Next Appointment: October 3, 2012!!!

No comments: