12.16.2012

Eight Week Update (Originally written on 9/28/12)



How far along: Eight Weeks!!  Time is really flying.

How big is baby: A little baby raspberry :)  I've enjoyed buying foods that correlate along with the size of the baby.  The raspberries this week were delicious haha.

Total weight gain: A little over 0.5 pounds.  Does anyone know the recommended weight gain in the first trimester?

Maternity clothes: Went and bought 2 pairs of maternity leggings by Ingrid and Isobel.  They're super comfy but don't quite fit me yet, because I don't really have a baby belly, just a bloated belly.  Blahh.

Stretch marks: None yet, fingers crossed!

Sleep: It's been ok.  I switched to day shift again, and it's been rough only sleeping 7.5 hours (I'm sure all you moms out there are laughing at me)!  One of my days off, I told myself I would "only" sleep 9 hours.  Yeah, I slept 10.5 hours.  I've been so tired!
Best moment this week: Is it sad that my best moments so far have been giving into cravings?  Haha!  The best time this week was when I was driving, saw a billboard for hamburgers, and then kept thinking about McDonalds and how amazing a dollar menu cheeseburger would be RIGHT NOW.  Needless to say, when I drove home, I got two of them and they were very delicious.  By the way, I really hate McDonalds.  So this is saying something!


Movement: None yet!
Food cravings: See above for my favorite moment this week :)  Also, never go grocery shopping while hungry AND pregnant.  It's a really bad combination.  I bought the most random crap, including: anchovies (I have never had anchovies before), cottage cheese, pickles (so stereotypical), crackers, lemons, and ginger.  :D
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes, blah - everything.  I can't stand the sight of raw meat.  I hate the smell of our kitchen.  Our bathroom stinks, and our house stinks in general.  It really makes me sick.
Gender:  Unknown

Symptoms: If you want you, you can skip this section.  It's kinda gross.  Bloating, nausea, GI upset, etc.  I still haven't thrown up yet, but this dang progesterone is messing up my system!  My leg hair is growing really fast, which is so random.  Feeling tired all the time, sleeping more than 10 hours a night.  Irritability and being emotional.  ACNE all over which is so awful.  I can't wait to see my doctor to find something for the acne.  
Things I miss: Having a pretty face.  Being able to eat and cook whatever I want.  
Looking forward to: Getting a baby bump :)  

Next Appointment: October 3, 2012!!

2 comments:

Stelanie said...

You are so funny!! The part about the smells in your house that make you sick cracked me up! Have Jordan buy you some nice smelling candles or plug-ins maybe?

Melyn said...

I did end up buying some pumpkin smelling candles, but plug-ins would be nice!