12.16.2012

Week 9 Update (Originally written on 9/28/12)

Time is seriously going by so fast.  I'm starting to think about how to announce to family members, my boss, co-workers, and branch members.  I know the way I'll announce to people in the branch - I'm going to be an oven with a bun inside :)


So right now, my uterus is the size of a grapefruit!  I'm still not showing yet, but most first time mom's don't show for a while.  Of course, every woman is different.


How far along: 9 weeks!  Almost done with the first trimester!

How big is baby: The size  of a grape, or an olive.  (Uh-oh, no one mention olives to me.  The thought of that just made me so sick!)

Total weight gain: 1.6 pounds so far!  My starting weight was exactly 130.  I'm hoping that by eating well, continuing to exercise, and then breastfeeding after having the baby, the weight loss won't be too difficult.

Maternity clothes: Not much besides those leggings and a belly band I've already bought.  

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: Let's just say this - I slept 10.5 hours again last night.  I love my days off!!  Days I work though, I sleep from 9:30 PM to 5:00 AM (7.5 hours).  At least I have about every 3rd day off so I can catch up :)  I'm really going to miss sleeping on my stomach too, so I'm taking advantage of that every night.
Best moment this week: Sleeping, lol!
Movement: None yet, hopefully in about a month(ish).
Food cravings: ICE WATER.  I've been so thirsty lately.  Granted, I haven't been doing as well drinking and eating like I'm supposed to because of this lovely nausea.  So today I've been drinking tons of water.  Also was craving McDonalds chicken nuggets yesterday.  This love affair with McDonalds has to stop!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Raw meat still.  Chocolate.  The thought of olives.  The smell of my kitchen - seriously, this enhanced smell thing during pregnancy is insane!
Gender:  Unknown, but hopefully in about a month(ish).

Symptoms:  I'm hungry, nauseated, and full all the time.  It's terrible, because I'll eat something that I want and only have a few bites of it.  Sore breasts - and they're growing too.  I'm going to need a new bra soon.  Enhanced sense of smell - I feel like a dog, I can smell everything, including my co-workers perfume after they leave the room.  Being tired all the time.  I had only 5 patients the other day, and was so tired by the end of the day.  I hope my boss will let me only work the general unit when I tell her.  
Things I miss: Eating whatever the heck I want (curse you, nausea).  Being happy and upbeat in general, I'm just so moody and tired all the time!  Definitely looking forward to the supposed burst of energy in the second trimester.  
Looking forward to: My first appointment next week!!  So scared and nervous, but so excited at the same time.

Next Appointment: The big number one - October 3!!

No comments: