8.05.2010

Moving In

We moved into our new apartment on July 29, and our stuff arrived on July 30! I still can't believe that we got everything accomplished so quickly. My friend from high school, Sydney, brought us some sleeping bags and pads. So sweet :) We had spaghetti and toast for dinner and then all watched a lame movie that I can't even remember the name of.

We used a Relo-Cube from ABF. Essentially, we fit all our worldly possessions into a 6'x7'x8' cube and hoped that it would come to us in one piece! With my muscular brother, husband, and mom, we got everything into the house in less than an hour. Now for the fun part...unpacking!! Joy! Sarcasm!!

I had labeled almost every box with a number and location in the house and then wrote the number and what items were in the box in a notebook. That was so helpful! Thanks to FLYlady for that tip - if you've never heard of her, check her out! She's amazing.

My dear aunt Jenae and three of her kids, Bryson, Lacie, and Carston came up that evening to help us. It was so nice to have so much help! We had Olive Garden for dinner and it took forever...three hours in a restaurant? Are you kidding me? Anyway, although having eight people sleep in a two bedroom apartment and share one bathroom can be challenging, we did it! We got the majority of the apartment completed by the time everyone, including my mom and brother, left for North Carolina on Sunday. Thanks so much for your help, everyone!

1 comment:

Stelanie said...

Glad to help! :) It was a fun time!