8.05.2010

Happy First Anniversary!

On May 30, Jordan and I had our first anniversary! One year - we made it! Since it was a Sunday, we didn't have anything else to do besides spend time together and celebrate. We went to Sacrament Meeting at church and then came home. First we had lunch outside and played some card games, one of our favorite things to do.

My adorable mom saved our wedding cake! I thought it had been thrown out, but to my surprise, it survived. She is so cute. She wrapped it very well and then wrote on the tin-foil "eat on 5/30/10. Happy Anniversary! :)" I loved it! I set the cake out to thaw after a year in the freezer.

We played some more games and then I made dinner: spaghetti and home-made sauce and veggies. I even got out the special glasses haha. Oh and Jordan picked me some lilacs, one of my favorite flowers. He is so sweet.

Ok, so the traditional one-year anniversary gift is paper (what the heck?) and the modern gift is a clock of some sort. So Jordan got me...money (paper). Clever, eh?

And a watch (clock) for work! YAY! I don't have any working watches and this was going to be very useful as a nurse.

Ok, so I'm sappy and got Jordan a photo album (paper) so I could document our first year in photos.

And I got him a dress watch (clock), because he only has sports watches. Just need to get it resized, the watch is so big!

Time for the cake :D Yummy! Oh it was so delicious. I couldn't believe how good it was after a YEAR in the freezer!

So happy! What a great day, just spending time together. We love each other :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Seriously it's been a year, already?? That time has gone by so fast! Happy Anniversary!