8.23.2010

Ahhhh...

I feel relaxed. Today, I cleaned the house in 15 minute increments. I got a lot done. Our stuff is almost all decluttered and there is such a peace it our home. I absolutely love it. I went and got an hour-long massage today and it was amazing. The massage therapy place is only five minutes from my house and they are priced fairly cheap.

The couch gets delivered on Friday and then I'm going to get this chair from Pier 1 Imports if it matches well enough :) I also need a side table/cabinet and key hooks, maybe these, for the front door area. I'msoexcited.

It's nice to walk around the house and realize that there isn't much for me to do. The bed is made with fresh sheets, everything is dusted, all the dishes are in the cupboards, the candle is burning, and I have plenty of time and space in my house and in my head to actually do things I love. Like read. And crochet. And watch movies. And cook and bake. It's nice to have this time while I'm unemployed to work on all my projects that have piled up over the past ten years, from Young Women's and such.

I just have such a peace of mind. I'm planning on going to the pool and the library tomorrow. We're also going to shop for shoes, because all my heels are dead and so are Jordan's sandals. Life is good.

Oh, and in exciting upcoming events, Jordan and I are planning to go to Virginia Beach, possibly this weekend. We're going to fly a kite and go boogie-boarding. Yeah! We're also thinking about throwing a Halloween Party. There are a lot of new people in the ward in similar situations as us who also live close by, so it would be fun to have everyone over and dress up :) I love the holidays! And I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving...planning on cooking a small turkey!

5 comments:

driftwood13@gmail.com said...

Hello Jordan & Melyn, I am glad to read that you are doing well, and your place is coming together. Best of luck to Jordan with all the new things you are learning!
P.S. Did your mom tell you that Ant & Steph had their baby yesterday. Oliver Steven Wood
Fun Huh!!

Love you, Michelle

Melyn said...

Michelle, that's awesome about Anthony and Steph! Tell them congratulations from us. We look forward to meeting little Ollie :)

The Evers Family said...

Enjoy this relaxing time. It seems like whenever you get a break it's to prepare you for a time when you won't get one. I'm going on about 5 years. :)

Adaire and Will said...

Hi Melyn,

I found your blog through facebook! You can find us at http://adaireandwillwebster.blogspot.com/ Can't wait till next Monday.

Adaire

Stelanie said...

I vaguely remember those days.