8.20.2010

Ants...

On Wednesday afternoon, I noticed some ants crawling around the window frame in the front room. In the evening, they were crawling out from under the window sill in the kitchen. For the life of me, I could not figure out where they were coming from or what was attracting them. My kitchen was almost spotless, and the trash was only half full. I killed a few of them and hoped they would be gone by the morning. Not so!

I came down for breakfast yesterday and there was a thick trail of ants coming from underneath the kitchen window...behind the microwave...down the wall...into the trash can...and completely covering an ice cream container! I had finished the few scoops left the night before and apparently the trash was touching the wall, so the ants had easy access. I was horrified!! I walked out back to see if I could find the source, but it wasn't anywhere. I think they were coming from under the house in the crawl space (gross, I was NOT going down there).

Out came the vacuum! Out came a clean trash bag! Out went the garbage can! Out came Mrs. Clean!! I was going to destroy these ants as if my life depended on it. I vacuumed the kitchen and used the wand to pick up all the stragglers on the counters and behind the sink. Every time I went in the kitchen, I vacuumed more up. It was an all-day battle. I kind-of hoped that my neighbors didn't hear every time I turned the vacuum on, because I turned it on probably every half hour lol.

This morning I went down and found a couple stray ants. They seemed to be withering and moving slow from lack of food. Into the vacuum they went, and I haven't seen any ants in the kitchen since this morning! Go me!

2 comments:

Stelanie said...

MELYN the ANT SLAYER!! haha! I can just picture it! If it becomes a problem, let management know, I'm sure they would come and spray.

Melyn said...

There is a pest control guy coming tomorrow :) Hopefully he gets rid of the ants and the huge spider in the window I haven't had the courage to kill yet.