8.05.2010

Happy Birthday from Virginia

This is Jordan blogging. I've never blogged in my life. But if there were a reason to, it would be to commemorate my little brother's birthday. If Que had a favorite day of the year (besides Christmas), it would be his birthday. Que loved having his family get together for it. I remember when some years we would go to Lake Powell over his birthday or there would be some other Summer activity and he would be disappointed about celebrating his birthday while on vacation. I didn't understand what was the big deal then (he'd still get presents, right?), but it makes more sense now that I'm away. Though Que liked presents, it wasn't about the presents. It was about the family all being together under the same roof. There's no atmosphere like the home. Melyn and I now have our own little home/apartment (more on that later), but your parents, brothers and sisters are always your family and you still miss them. I miss Que very much, and now I'm missing all my family. But it's only for a brief while. And it will make it that much sweeter when we're all together again.

So Que, happy birthday from your favorite brother ;).

I don't know when Melyn is going to get around to updating our blog. Maybe I'll have to take over.

2 comments:

Jason and Tawni said...

Jordan -

You are such a sweetheart. I loved this post and the fact that you blogged for your first time (and maybe not your last???) is so important. Very touching. You are for sure his favorite brother :)

Stelanie said...

I think you should blog more often! I like reading about your thoughts and feelings :)
Love,
Melanie