9.20.2010

Richmond Mormon Chorale

I totally forgot to tell everyone about this! I have joined what is called the Richmond Mormon Chorale. Basically, it's a serious choir in our stake that sings all around Richmond and even Washington, D.C.! I'm so excited to be a part of it. I haven't really sung in a serious choir since high school, and it's great to be involved in something that will help to spread our love for Christ throughout Richmond.

Last week I had to try out (!!!) and the director, Donna, put me as a first alto, which I'm so excited for. I love singing harmony. Apparently I have a big range, so that was nice to find out too. We have practice every Sunday except Fast Sunday from 6:30 to 9:00. The first week we went through ALL 20 something songs! It was crazy. Yesterday we focused on four new pieces they are adding to the mix. It's going to be so great!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi -I'm a member of the Mormon Choir of DC. I live at the southern tip of Spotsylvania County -it's a bit if a drive to rehearsals but I love it. I tried finding out more about the Richmond group but haven't had any luck. Could you send me info please?