9.20.2010

Interviews

Well, the interview at the rehabilitation center in the West End of Richmond went very well! I went there this morning, filled out an application, and then interviewed with the Director of Nursing. She kept commenting on how young I am and how she was worried that the CNA's would take advantage of me. I'm looking forward to using my leadership skills to hopefully not let this happen. I think I convinced her that I'm very excited, willing to learn, and desirous of helping patients in their own ways.

The center is amazing. They mainly do rehabilitation for people after strokes, surgery, and other accidents. The rehab place has a kitchen where people can learn how to cook for themselves, a car so they can learn how to get in and out, and all the other basic rehab stuff. I'm amazed! There are three different wings (I think). Two of them hold all rehab patients and are super busy, and the other holds half rehab patients and half long-term care patients. I would most likely be floating around to all the different units, because they are basically the same. Once she clears my references, I will orient for about a week (!!! - short!) and then start working the 3-11 shift a couple times a week. Thank goodness! You have no idea what a relief it is to finally have a possible job. Our savings are continually dwindling and it will be nice to finally start them up again.

I'm going to be reading and re-reading this awesome book I got for new nurses. It is so comprehensive. I'm worried that I will have forgotten everything that I worked so hard to build over the past four years, but all my nursing friends keep reassuring me that I can't have forgotten :) I'm just SO SO SO excited to finally start working and taking care of people!! Yeah!

4 comments:

Stelanie said...

That is so exciting! It sounds like the perfect start! :)

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

I'm so happy for you, Melyn. Way to go! I love reading your blog ~ your energy and enthusiasm are contagious. Glad you're settling in and making yourselves happy in Richmond so quickly. Ü

Jenae said...

YEA! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

Allie said...

Congrats again! That's great.