9.18.2010

Musings

Just some random thoughts here...

In Relief Society last week, one of the sisters (an immigrant from Africa) talked about when she joined the church, her family disowned her. She made the most of a difficult situation and developed her friendships within her own ward and then realized - the church is her family. This is how it should be, isn't it?

We are all brothers and sisters of the same God who created this world. We should treat each other like family. We need to love each other, care for each other, and be there for each other. Just treat each other with pure love and Christ-like love (charity) that we all deserve.

Jordan and I recognized this example at a fair our stake held today. He commented on how it seemed like a big family reunion. Everyone knew each other and was talking, playing, eating, just having a good time as member of the church. They acted like family members.

It's my hope that I can have the influence of the Spirit in my life so I can be an example of Christ's loving kindness to everyone I come in contact with.

1 comment: