5.05.2012

A New Approach to Flashback Friday

Just found the best idea on Pinterest.  Sometimes I wish that I had been clever enough to come up with these ideas, however, I'm totally willing to use other peoples ideas.  I found this, and want to start using it for Flashback Fridays!  Not only will this help me to start writing my personal history, but it will help you all to get to know me better.  Yay!


So, here goes.


Question number one: What is your full name and how did you get that name?  Do you have any nicknames?


My full name is Melyn Arlene Henderson, nee Cuthbert.  Melyn was my mom's friend's name, and Arlene is my maternal grandmother's name.  I have TONS of nicknames, not all of them nice.  People obviously can't pronounce my name so I've been called: Melon, Maylynn, Merlin (??), Mulan, Mushu (from Mulan - get it?), Melon-head, Melon the Felon, Watermelon, Mel, and I'm sure there are more I can't remember.  Basically, I'll answer to anything!


These nicknames bring back the multiple memories from middle school, junior high, and high school.  I was teased so bad because of my name!  But I love my name because it's so unique.  I've never met another Melyn.  One time a boy in middle school called me Maylynn, and I got so mad at him and everyone else for calling me the wrong name, that I actually grabbed his arm.  Granted, I was only 11 at the time.  I've since grown more mature (haha) and just let people call me anything.

No comments: