5.09.2012

Busy, busy week.

On Thursday I was able to spend time with almost all the LDS med wives!  13 of them are moving away for residency, and it was sad.  I met a lot of new friends though, and I'm excited.  They hang out every Thursday night, so I'll be able to go at least once a month.  Yay for support systems - they're awesome.

Last Friday I got my hair cut.  I'm growing my hair out, but need to keep the back trimmed so I don't grow a mullet.  That would be so hot.  I've also decided to keep my bangs, because they make me look like an adult.  Everyone commented on how I looked so much older when I first got my hair cut, and I think it's partly due to the bangs!

We went to see The Avengers Friday evening.  Amazing.  Such a cool movie with billions (ok maybe a slight exaggeration) of superheroes!  Jordan even designated each nephew to be a certain superhero.  I'll post the awesome picture later :)



Saturday we had the opportunity to see the incredible Emerson String Quartet.  This group has won multiple Grammys and other awards, and is known throughout the entire world for their classical music performances.  They came to VCU and we got cheap tickets!  Sweet!  They performed pieces by Haydn, Shostakovich, and Beethoven.  I loved it so much I even bought the Beethoven piece on iTunes.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, and I was super productive.  I finished a wreath I'd been working on, baked bread, and made a yummy dinner.  Relief Society was amazing as well.  They had a visiting teaching conference and I've made a renewed decision to improve my performance.  I've been the worst VT ever.  I've visited my sisters once this whole year!!  So - in comes my perpetual calendar.  I've assigned myself tasks to complete for VT.  Ideally, I'll set up the appointment by the 10 of each month, visit by the 20, and report by the 30.  I'm really excited.  I also found this cool website that makes free printables every month that relate to the VT message.  My determination comes from the feelings and impressions I got during the conference from the Holy Ghost.  Basically, we're here to learn and become more like our Heavenly Father.  He wouldn't give us something to do if we couldn't do it.  Also, the things that are hard for us (our weaknesses) need to become our strengths.  It doesn't matter if it's hard, we just need to push ourselves, because that's how we learn.  So wish me luck :)


Other than that, it's been work, work, work for me!

Jordan had an oral exam for FCM on Monday and did fabulously.  He has been studying for his Neurology exam this Friday.  Then we have one weekend, and he begins studying for Step One!  So wish him luck as well!  :)

No comments: