5.11.2012

My Birth and Family, Questions 2, 3, and 4

Continuing with questions from the This is Me Challenge...

2. What are your parent's full names, birth dates and places?

Mom: Melanie Arlene Cuthbert, nee Lassig.  She was born on November 12 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dad: Steven Russell Cuthbert.  He was born on August 4 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Birth Dad: David Allan Beers.  He was born on November 25 in Bountiful, Utah.

3. What is the date of your birth?  Where were you born?  What are some of the circumstances (when your mom went into labor, how long, her doctor, etc.) of your birth?

I was born on August 8, 1988 - 8/8/88 in LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.  The due date was 8/7/88 and my mom went into labor that afternoon.  She came to the hospital with her parents, Klaus and Arlene Lassig, and they stayed with her throughout the whole process.  My birth father had died a few months before I was born, and because of that, the last few months of the pregnancy were hard on my mom.  I'm so glad her parents were there to support her.  She was given a Pitocin drip and then an epidural.  She slept through the night while the contractions got stronger and stronger.  Omi (my grandma) was shocked that she was sleeping through the contractions, because she could see how strong they were on the monitor.  I was born at 7:58 AM (almost 8, dang!) after she pushed only three times.  She said I was the easiest baby of hers to give birth to.  Her doctor was Dr. W.G. Pead.

4. What are your siblings names and birth dates?

Jordan Evan Cuthbert was born on January 20, 1992
Jared Thomas Cuthbert was born on October 16, 1994

No comments: