5.02.2012

...Bring May Flowers

Well, we haven't done much this past week to catch up on!

My work is transitioning to a hospitalist model for the doctors from having a practice come from the outside.  They had a meet and greet with the new doctors and it was so fun!  One of the doctors is even from VCU, and Jordan knows her.  I'm excited to have them in the hospital so we can deliver better care to our patients.

We walked through a house on Saturday and it was amazing.  4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, almost 2000 square feet.  It even had a huge yard and was being remodeled.  The only downside I could really see is something I discovered after the fact.  The area that house is in had 31 - yes, thirty-one - murders in April. Um, no, we're not moving there.  Dang - it was even in our price range!  So we're looking for houses in "the Fan" and "Church hill" areas, which are basically directly east and west of Jordan's school.  There are a ton of houses in these areas too, and I've got a lot of appointments set up to walk through properties.

I took a class for work on Monday for "Nonviolent Crisis Intervention."  Basically, it's where you learn to  help patients when they're beginning to act out and keep them safe.  You also learn how to take people down, which is super important when you're working on the acute side.  I took the class before when I was working as a psych tech on a Geriatric psych unit in Salt Lake City, but this was a good refresher.

Jordan did amazing on his written exam for FCM!  He's doing so great, and has been studying like a mad-man for the boards.  He has two more exams next week and then begins studying for real, for real.

The weather has been so bipolar lately.  It was 50 degrees a few days ago, and tomorrow it's supposed to be over 90.  I can't wait til they open the pool on Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Louisa said...

31 Melyn? 31?!! That is crazy scary! I'm so glad you guys aren't going there. Good luck with your hunt!

Melyn said...

Yes Louisa, isn't that crazy!? I'm glad I found out before we signed a lease!