9.07.2011

Labor Day Weekend

Jordan and I had a blast this Labor Day Weekend!  Magically, he had school off and I had work off for three whole days in a row!  That never happens unless I schedule my work somehow!  We decided to spend Sunday and Monday with Mark, Jenae, and the kids in North Carolina.  We had a great time!  We went to dinner at a family friends, went to bed early, and then got up super early to go waterskiing!!!  I haven't been waterskiing for about 4 years, and Jordan hadn't been for 2 years.  


What a blast!  Jordan was extremely impressive.  He and I both did two skis at first to get our bearings, and then both attempted slalom (sp?) skiing, with just one ski.  Jordan was incredible and got up in three tries, and I almost made it up a couple times.  It's so hard, but so fun!  I just need to remember to lean back, keep my knees slightly bent, and knees stuck together.  


We're definitely going to have to go skiing again with them soon.  In NC, they're able to ski year round, which is awesome!  


After skiing, we got some slurpees, ate breakfast, and took a 3 hour nap...yes.  It was great.  Mark and Jenae are awesome and took us out to dinner at an a-maz-ing place and then we drove home!  It was a fun-filled, short vacation!  

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Sounds like a fun Labor Day weekend.