9.19.2011

Changes!

On Friday, I took the plunge and finally decided to get my hair highlighted!  I have only gotten my hair highlighted once before, when I was 11, and it looked so awful that I vowed to never do it again.  This time though, I decided to go with RED highlights instead of the classic BLONDE because I have red tints in my hair anyway.  So so happy with it!  The place I go to, Flirt Salon in Carytown, always does a fantastic job and is fairly priced.  Pictures to come soon.

Then on Friday afternoon, Jordan and I both had eye doctor appointments.  I decided that after wearing hard contacts for 12 years, it was time for a change!  I was constantly having red, irritated, dry eye issues. I switched to soft contacts, and am SOOOO happy!  Wow!  In the three days I've worn them, I haven't had to deal with any debris in my eye or any of the previously mentioned issues!  There are a few differences, but I'm willing to deal with them if it means I won't have to deal with eye problems every hour.  I asked my doctor about Lasik, and unfortunately (insert huge frowny face) I am on the outer limits of being able to get Lasik done.  I have and awful prescription (like -8.5 and -7.55 with a mild astigmatism) and my vision just keeps getting worse, so even if I did get Lasik done, I would have to start wearing glasses/contacts again in 10-15 years.  Boo.

1 comment:

Mark and Heather said...

My eyes are -8 and -7.5, so I relate!! Maybe after Lasik in 10-15 years your prescription would be mild though? I'm glad you are trying the soft contacts, so much more comfy!