2.17.2012

So Happy

Well people, I told you it would be an attempt to blog three times a week.  Guess I shouldn't make any promises the week I start a new job.  Speaking of which, I've been so thankful for this decision.  It's is one of the best choices I've ever made.  The people are so nice, and I'm going to be orienting for 6 more weeks!  It's awesome and I'm so so happy.  It has been difficult trying to adjust to days (I'm not a morning person!) though.  Waking up at 5:15...and going to bed at 9:30...not so fun.  But I'd rather take days over nights.

Valentines Day was so fun.  I love all holidays, and we celebrated by going to our favorite, Plaza Azteca. I had decorated the house all cute and when I got home from work, Jordan surprised me with the CUTEST stuffed frog that I've named Freddie the Frog (I'm obsessed with frogs, as seen here), the most beautiful roses I've ever seen, and a sweet valentine.  He knows me so well :)  I made him a valentine and tons of chocolate for his long studying sessions.  After dinner, we went to the Blockbuster rental and after looking at the selections, said, "There's nothing good in here.  Do you want to look?"  So I hopped out of the car and the first thing I saw was...Breaking Dawn!  Um, it's Valentines Day!  Let's watch a romantic movie!  So, needless to say, I have the best husband ever, because he agreed to watch it with me.  Regardless of the fact that we both laughed at the awful acting, it was awesome.  

Last Thursday, the 9th, my orientation for work was held in this small room in the hospital.  There were 30 of us packed into the room and no room to move our chairs.  So we were all twisting to see the speakers.  Not so good for the back.  The next morning I woke up with a small twinge in my neck, but when I leaned over later, I got this MAJOR sharp, shooting pain all up my back.  It was awful.  I knew I had pinched a nerve, and was so mad.  Our insurance from my last job cancelled in January and my new insurance doesn't start until April...so we couldn't really see a doctor.  Turns out, I was in so much pain by lunch that Jordan got me an emergency appointment at a chiropractor near us.  He adjusted my back and popped it like 20 times in the process, gave me a TENS unit, some topical cream, and instructions to relax!  It took a while for my muscles to get back to normal, but today I feel almost 100%.  Lesson learned: always adjust your chair so your nerves don't freak out!

Today is VCU's annual Winter Ball.  I'm so excited - pretty dresses, mani/pedi, great food, and DANCING.  I haven't forgotten Jordan's promise from the last dance that we would dance the night away.  I'm so exicted.

And finally, it is Flashback Friday.  Today I'm remembering the Valentines Days from when I was in high school.  My boyfriend from HS gave me a jewelry box full of those Nestles Treasure chocolates and put roses in my shower and said now that I've showered you with roses, will you be my valentine? It was cute :)  Ah, high school.  Good times.

No comments: