8.01.2011

I Feel Happy!

Oh so Happy! Pretty too, haha. Oh how I love musicals.

Anyways, I seem to have reached a consensus about what to do - thank you to everyone who responded with advice. I'm going to document occurrences of bad nursing and bad management and then when I have enough evidence, I'm going to compile it all into a letter or report of some kind and give it to the Chief Nursing Officer. I'm still not sure whether I should present it anonymously or not. Upside to doing it anonymously is that they can't get mad at me or fire me. Downside is...that they won't know it was me promoting the change, that they won't know I'm a leader and problem solver. If my report doesn't change anything, I'm going to move on. There's no point in staying at a job when I KNOW that there are better ones out there. Speaking of which, I want to get a part-time med-surg/ICU/ER job to keep my skills up, and REALLY want to work at VCU! That way I'll get my foot in the door. I've wanted to work there since Jordan applied for medical school there!

I've been to the pool four times in the past week. It's been great, and I'm getting so tan!

Jordan and I had FHE for the first time in about a year tonight, and it was fabulous. I've really been needing to feel the Spirit lately, and this helped tremendously. I've also started trying to read the scriptures more by myself and praying more often.

I've kind-of decided that I'm going to work full-time until Jordan graduates, and then I'll work part-time. Even though we'll have kids, I really don't want to have a humongous mountain of debt (like $200,000 worth plus interest). I'm so blessed to have this profession, to have a degree, and to have a job. It will make the financial strain that much less painful. It will be hard, but the baby wouldn't even remember (we're not planning on a baby until next year) that we were working/studying all the time. Plus, when Jordan's a resident, he'll be making an income. Even though it will only be about $15 per hour (for 80 hours a week!!) it's something.

I've also started narrowing down "my" choices for Jordan's residency. So far the following states and cities are out:

No Residency Programs:
Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

Very Violent Cities:
Birmingham, Alabama
Little Rock, Arkansas
Las Vegas, Nevada
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Charleston, West Virginia
Louisville, Kentucky
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Washington, D.C.
Baltimore, Maryland
Camden, New Jersey
Charleston, South Carolina
Miami, Florida
Atlanta, Georgia
Chicago, Illinois
Springfield, Illinois
Detroit, Michigan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Kansas City, Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
Toledo, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cleveland, Ohio
Memphis, Tennessee
Springfield, Massachusetts
Brockton, Massachusetts
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Houston, Texas
Albany, New York
Buffalo, New York

Wow that's a lot longer list than I though it was. Like I said, this is "my" list, and Jordan will have the ultimate choice. Just don't really want to live in a violent/crime-ridden city. The GREAT news about this is that Richmond, Hawaii, Salt Lake City, California, New York City, Boston, and Raleigh all made the cut!

1 comment:

Jenae said...

Glad to see Raleigh made the cut! We need to get together soon. I'll call you!