8.24.2011

Earthquake...Whaatt?!

In Jordan's own words, "I had to come to Virginia to experience my first earthquake.  Weird."

In Melyn's own words, "Ahhhh!!  Jordan get under the door frame!!"

Yes, I was freaked out.  Yesterday at 1:51 PM, right before I left for work, Virginia experienced the strongest earthquake since 1897, a 5.8 on the Richter scale.  The epicenter was only 50 miles from our house!  The house started shaking and the TV and vases were shaking, and the walls were rattling.  I was just in shock (ha, punny)!  I screamed and ran into the door frame for the closet under the stairs.  It lasted only for a minute, but was so scary.  Apparently it was felt all up and down the coast.  My aunt Jenae felt it in North Carolina, uncle Mark felt it in New Jersey, aunt Marianne felt it in Ohio, and good friend Paige felt it in New York.  DC was evacuated, and JFK airport was shut down.

In. Sane.

No comments: