7.26.2011

Preparing for Evacuation

Don't worry, we don't need to evacuate.  I've been thinking about it though in case the need arises, and what I would do in such a situation.  I mean, we have zero food storage and some medical supplies that I've collected over the years, but not a whole lot else.  I really like FlyLady's list of what you need to be prepared for an emergency.  Click here to see it.  Simple and comprehensive!  Of course, I still need to work on a two year food storage - we just don't have the space for it now!  Maybe when we possibly rent a house next year we'll have space.

1 comment:

Jenae said...

Food storage under beds is my best suggestion. No clutter under your bed and your bed ruffle covers it. End tables can be made of boxes stacked and a table cloth placed over it. A lot of closets have dead space above the hanging bar and shelf. Add another shelf or half shelf to store items up to the ceiling. Mapping where you have items can be a huge help as well. Make it a matter of prayer and priority and solutions will come! Also, if you need to evacuate, hopefully it's safe to drive south! You're welcome any time! ;)