6.10.2011

Second Anniversary

May 30, 2009 was a beautiful day.  Sunny - without a cloud in the sky.  Empowering - recognizing that Jordan and I were leaving our families and becoming one.  Energizing - realizing that I would be joined at the hip to my Honey Bunches for time and all eternity.  And now it's happened - Jordan and I have been married for two whole years.  We can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  It seems like we are still beginning and experiencing so many new things together.  And I know that we will feel that for many, many years to come.

I think back to when I was a teenager.  You hear your grandparents tell you, "You don't know what love is.  Not yet anyway."  So true!  I couldn't imagine loving someone enough that the thought of them brings tears of gratitude to your eyes.  That one person could mean the entire world to you, that you would do anything - ANYTHING - to stay with them forever.  I couldn't imagine it, but I know what it is like now.  And even now, it's hard to imagine our love growing stronger and stronger, because it already feels like my heart could burst.

We didn't do much for our anniversary, but we did go to an amazing Brazilian restaurant in Richmond called Texas de Brazil (which has nothing to do with Texas, by the way).  So, so, so delicious.  Flank steak literally melting in your mouth.  Probably the best meat I've ever eaten!  We saw a movie and gave each other gifts.  I love you Jordan!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

So sweet. Jordan, You have a good wife.