5.28.2011

One year down, how many left to go?

Yesterday I finished my first year of med school. Whew! I think on the whole it was a bit harder than I expected going in, but I'm excited about progressing further into my medical career. I feel very relieved to be able to have some time to relax, especially since I won't be having any more summers off in the future.

Here's a brief overview of my summer plans:

Going to be a volunteer at a muscular dystrophy camp here in Virginia. This will be for one week next month and I will be a camp councilor for kids who suffer from this disease.

In July Melyn and I are going to the Florida Keys, Miami, and Orlando. We are going to scuba diving for sunken treasure and then search for the fountain of youth, just like in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie!

Before school starts again I will be participating in a psychiatric institute at VCU. This is a week-long program for med students that covers the various aspects of psychotherapy. Psychiatry and Neurology are my interests, so I'm doing a little of both this summer.

Well, I'm looking forward to having nothing to do on Monday! If you want to get a hold of me, there's never been a better time than now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We are very proud of you and Melyn. We really miss you guys and look forward to seeing you for a day or two in August.

The Evers Family said...

Yay Jordan! So happy for you. Enjoy Monday, you deserve it!