5.23.2011

Work

Well, my first few days have been great! :)  I spent a week in the classroom, learning about all the policies and procedures and nursing things like that.  A lot of the things I learned about didn't apply to me because I work in Behavioral Health, but I wanted to learn everything just in case I need to float to a different unit in the future.

Today was my first "real" day.  I worked 7-3, and I'm EXHAUSTED!  I think the reason I'm so tired is because I have to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready :(  I am not a morning person.  I got the next two weeks of orientation all figured out.  I'm orienting on all shifts just so I know what everyone does.  I'm also going to be able to orient as long as I need so that I'm comfortable.  I'll be working 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM three times a week in a row, every other weekend once I'm out of orientation.  Which means I'll have about 3 and a half days off every week!  Yay!

The unit I oriented on today has two nurses with eight patients.  Hallelujah!  It was busy, but not insane.  I was able to leave for lunch and got out on time!  The night nurse said I'm going to get bored on nights, but there are always things that I can do to keep myself busy.  And I'll take bored over insanely busy any day.  :)

No comments: