5.08.2011

This is It!!!

Happy Mother's Day to our wonderful Moms today.  You are both incredible and wonderful :)  We love you so much!

Today is my last day of working at this...this...place.  Hallelujah!  I'm so so so excited!  I hate working there so much, and they keep trying to persuade me to stay.  Stay for what?  They're not even offering me any more pay or a different wing!!  Plus, they've all been so RUDE about my career choice as a psychiatric nurse, that I am glad to say GOOD RIDDANCE.  You know, psychiatric nurses are there for a reason, and they DO help people and they SERVE A NEED.  Where will these people be going when they have a psychotic break?  To a psych hospital.  With psych nurses.  Who will be glad to help you figure out what went wrong.  People should be glad and grateful there are people like me who want to work in psych.  Just like I'm grateful there are nurses who work in OB/GYN, because I could never do that.  Ugh.  Ugh!!  Glad to get this all off my chest.  Thanks for letting me rant and rave people.

4 comments:

Adaire and Will said...

What could anyone possibly think is wrong with being a psych nurse? I think its great you will soon be able to do what you love. Psych is a specialty where many nurses do not have the knowledge or the patience to deal the issues you can be confronted with in that environment (myself included). I am happy there are people out there like you who are able to care for that patient population.

Anonymous said...

Have a Beautiful day. So glad there's people willing to serve those in need with mistery's of the brain..

Melyn said...

You're so eloquent Adaire :) Thanks for your kind words!

Stelanie said...

I'm so proud of you hon. Love, Mom