3.21.2012

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Jordan's birthday was so fun.  After dinner at Buz and Ned's, we came home and watched Lost while eating cheesecake.  So relaxing!  On Saturday, we went to the movies and saw Chronicle.  It was a fun and thought-provoking (in a nerdy way) movie.  Makes you wonder what would really happen if people had super powers! :)

My eye is completely healed thanks to my regular eye doctor. He had me continue the antibiotic eye drops four times a day and started a steroid drop four times a day as well. The steroid really helped my light sensitivity! So I couldn't wear my contacts for about 2 weeks, but now I can. And I'm not going to wear my contacts during the night ever again! Lesson learned :)

We had the missionaries over for dinner in the beginning of the month. These elders we have now are so sweet and full of the spirit. They always late for dinner, but we enjoy having them over.

I had my last day of classroom orientation last week (finally). I'm going to have another week of clinical training, and then I think I'll be on my own! This organization I'm with really has made me want to be a better nurse. I feel like I did right out of nursing school-invinsible, like I can really help these patients. I'm so excited.

Jordan finished his rotation in psychiatry last Friday and although he enjoyed the class, he really needed a break. We drove up to Baltimore after his test, stayed the night, and flew to Utah in the morning!

We had a lovely straight flight. Gotta love Southwest Airlines! We went straight from the airport to see Jordan's grandparents and then went to Cafe Rio...cravings fulfilled ;) then we met up with some more of his grandparents. It was so nice to see everyone. We went to the mall and chilled until it was time for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. They just brought back their Mango Key Lime Cheesecake and it is DELICIOUS. seriously. So so good. We then drove down to my family and watched a bit of Avatar before going to bed.

On Sunday we went to my moms ward an had a great church service. Saw SO many people I haven't seen in forever, including my friend from high school, Camille Harlan. After church, we got the news of Jordan's cousins sons passing. It was heartbreaking. We started preparing for the Lassig side coming for dinner (everyone on the Cuthbert side was sick) :(. I made a salad and a banana swirl cake. My mom painted my nails and we had a great time just talking. Whenever we come home during the holidays, it's always rush, rush, rush. But this vacation has been tremendously relaxed! Family came over and we enjoyed French dip sandwiches. We then came back to The Henderson's and slept the night away.

Yesterday Jordan went running early and then we went to Kneaders for French toast with Wendy, Allie, and the boys. It was delicious. Then we went swimming with the boys and Allie at Murray rec center. It was a great place! Then we relaxed and went to dinner at salt city burger and got yummy shakes. I got some silly pictures of a few of the boys. Came home and watched Lost :)

today Allie, Josie, Wendy, and I got pedicures and then went to Papas Place (aka classic fun center). Ate some pizza and jumped around a bit :) then Jordan and I saw the vow(such a cut movie, although it is a chick flick) and came home and are relaxing! Whew! Tonight we are going to the spaghetti factory and then going to my parents :)



1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

LOVED having you guys here. Have to say I was obviously in my own little world at dinner, because I never noticed the kids wearing glasses.