3.20.2011

Melyn's Trip to Utah

I know, I know.  I'm writing about my trip like 3 weeks late...oh well!  Work has been insanely busy, but more on that in a later post.

My brother was leaving for his mission on March 2, and I HAD to see him before he left.  I mean, I wasn't going to see him for 2 years!  I didn't want to miss seeing him any longer than that.  My parents and I decided that we should surprise him and the rest of my family.  Since he had just gotten endowed the week before, I wanted to meet him in the SLC temple on Saturday with my mom.  It was the sweetest experience.  All I can say is that doing temple work with your family is one of the simplest and sweetest ways to show your love for them and for God.

Before the farewell on Sunday, Jordan, my mom, and I went to the stake patriarch's house to get Jordan's Patriarchal Blessing.  WOW!!  It was an incredible experience.  We all have amazing potential as individuals - as human beings - as children of God.

Almost everyone in our family, except for a few cousins, and tons of friends in Mapleton came to hear Jordan speak in church.  It was so nice to see everyone! Both Jordan and Jared spoke in Sacrament Meeting.  Jordan ended up speaking for a half hour - the other guy didn't even have time to do his talk!  Haha :)

We had a party at Stephanie Shurian's (my mom's cousin) house afterwards, because my parents are currently remodeling their home.  The food was delicious - cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy, pulled pork sandwiches, cold cuts, and salads.

On Monday before I left, we went to my dad's work to surprise him with Smart Cookies :)  He was out at lunch, but we left the cookies for him to eat.  I was so blessed to be able to see my family for a few days.  It was so good just hanging out.

For those that are interested, my brother's mission blog is elderjordancuthbert.blogspot.com.

No comments: