3.07.2011

Birthday



Couple weeks ago I turned a quarter of century old. Sounds old, huh? I feel old when I see a movie or hear a song that came out 15 years ago and I think, "I remember when that was brand new! Man I'm old." By the way, I'm writing this post two weeks late because Melyn and I have been insanely busy with tests, work, and travelling to Utah and back.

My birthday was a good day. Got lots of calls and texts from family, and I would like to thank everyone who sent cards. I only did a moderate amount of studying that day. My self-sacrificing wife took the morning shift that day so she could be with me for the evening. This was especially notable considering she worked the evening shift the day before, so she only got about 4 hours of sleep before having to go to work again.

We decided to go out to dinner, and I got to pick a place where I rarely get to go. You see, back in Utah my family will take you anywhere* to dinner for your birthday (I hope you noticed the asterisk next to the word "anywhere"). Of course, "anywhere" has to be approved by everyone, which means I don't really get my first choice. But being out of state, and since my wife is so self-sacrificing, I got to go to a place where my family would NEVER go. I don't think I can put more emphasis on the word "NEVER". Pizza Hut!

Wow, just looking at that picture makes me hungry to go again. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have gone with my whole family to dinner even if it meant not going to Pizza Hut, but I'm the only person I know who enjoys their pizza, and I really enjoy it.

We then went to see the movie "Unknown." We both really liked it. Then we went back home for dessert. Since we kind of cheaped-out on dinner, I got a very nice "birthday cake" from the Cheesecake factory.
Mmm, we still haven't finished it yet! Thanks for reading, I know it's hard to pay attention to our blog when we don't update often and we have so much competition from blogs with cute, adorable children.

3 comments:

mom said...

Well said. You might as well have said it the way it is-, your sisters pointed out its not where "everyone" approves, just MOM, shes the picky one. But you are such a polite son to not pick on your mom.
Oh, how much we loved having your sweet calming spirit with us. Hopefully next time the 2 of u can come together.

The Evers Family said...

You are so funny. Love your posts. I know that I provide great competition for the blog reading, but I must say, you are a much better writer so you they're missing out. LOVED seeing you and Melyn. Miss you guys so much.

Anonymous said...

Papa johns 4 ever!!!!

Haha jk I'm glad it went so well