3.18.2011

Adventures in Salt Lake

Enjoy this post, because it will probably be the last one you see from me in a while, seeing how my spring break is already coming to an end. I wish Melyn had spring break too, but seeing how she works in the real world now, she still has been pretty busy.

Anyways, Melyn and I both got to go home to our families a few weeks ago. At separate times, however. She had her brother's farewell one weekend, I had a wedding the next. So, because we weren't there at the same time, I will write about my experience and Melyn will write about hers at some point in the near future.

Medical school is a great excuse to use for getting out of social events. I'm not a big fan of parties or weddings, so being busy with school is a good thing for me to tell people. But if there is one wedding I wouldn't miss (outside of my own family) it would be for my awesome friend Colin. And it just so happened that his wedding would be the day after an exam, which actually is the best timing possible. However, getting to Utah from Virginia is a crazy experience and my travel plans we're still up in the air only weeks away from the wedding. I'll spare you the details of stalking travel websites for weeks trying to find a good deal.

Needless to say, I made it to the wedding. Although, I just realized I didn't take any pictures with Colin or his bride while at the wedding, so I have no photographic evidence I was actually there. You're just going to have to use your imagination to envision me at the wedding (at least until they get their pictures developed, I guess). The wedding day was beautiful, and I wish Colin and Jessica a very happy marriage.

I also used my very short trip (only 3 days) to spend time with my family. I got to visit my parent's Spanish branch where they are serving as missionaries, have a nice Sunday dinner with all the family, and, of course, spend time with all the little munchkins.


Awwwww.

I loved being able to play with my nephews. Though I can text and call my siblings and parents from across the country, talking with little kids just isn't the same unless you're right there with them. My sister's boys are so smart, they can play all sorts of apps on my phone and they are also incredibly creative. Jackson even gave me a birthday present which he had wrapped in some sort of rainbow paper he colored himself.

Thanks to all my family for making it such a wonderful trip. Hope to see you guys again soon!
P.S. Thanks Josie for the pictures!

No comments: