5.26.2010

New Calling!

It's official, I have another calling! We met with the Bishop tonight and chit-chatted a while. Then he verified that I play the piano. I was totally thinking that I was going to get choir pianist - our previous choir pianist had a stroke a few months ago. Then he said, "Have you ever played the organ?" What? Yes, I have played the organ, but not publicly, and not well I might add. But then he went on to say that we needed an additional organist for sacrament meeting. One organist is already the relief society president and another just had a baby. He asked, "Would you be willing to be another organist for our ward?" It took me a minute to respond...I was pretty shocked! And worried...for the reasons stated above. But I agreed and he said he would give me a key to practice in the chapel. So, I have two callings: relief society pianist and ward organist!

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Congrats on the new calling. You'll do great!