5.26.2010

Celebrations!!

So last Thursday, Jordan and I had tickets to go see Cirque du Soleil: Alegria! I was SOOOO excited! I absolutely love Cirque du Soleil and Alegria is one of my favorite songs in the whole entire wide world (anyone who knows me well knows this :) You can listen to it here :) :) :) :) Alegria means joy or happiness in Spanish. So, obviously, I was psyched for this show! Jordan - who is the best husband ever - bought the tickets as a surprise a few months ago!

We drove up to the E-Center and decided that we didn't want to pay the $10 for parking (gross!) so we parked illegally at the Cracker Barrel. After running to the front doors, we excitedly handed our tickets to the ticket attendant. The scanner beeped awkwardly as he scanned them and he looked at us and said, "You have come on the wrong day." WHAT?!?!???? We looked down and the tickets were for the day before - Wednesday! Oh my gosh, I was freaking out. We went to the ticket booth and showed the lady our tickets and explained the situation. She went in the back to talk to her manager. We waited nervously and then they both came back. The manager said, "Normally we wouldn't do this, but you guys can actually get in tonight (WHEW!!). Be really careful though in the future and look at your dates!" We were so grateful, because frankly, those tickets weren't cheap and we wanted to see the show! So the lady gave us AMAZING seats on the right corner of the stage, 5 rows from the front! It was incredible. The show was amazing. There were trampoline artists, dancers, clowns, contortionists, acrobats, and many other talented people from all over the world. Compared to the other Cirque du Soleil show I've been to, Saltimbanco, this one was ok. The main reason I wanted to see it was to listen to the song live :)

Oh, and Jordan and I had a bet to see when the song would play. He bet it would play at the beginning and I bet at the very end. If he won, he would submit me to tickle torture and if I won, I wouldn't have to do that. I won :) After the show ended, we ran as fast as we could to our car, and it wasn't towed! Yay! We aren't going to go through that experience again though, we would much rather know our car is safe and pay $10 than have to pay for towing.

Yesterday, my brother Jordan graduated from Maple Mountain High School at the UVU Events Center. It was a great graduation and we were so happy to celebrate! I feel so old - I can't believe my brother is graduating and my youngest brother is going to get his licence in a few months! Or that hubby Jordan and I are graduating this week! It is a week of happy celebrations. After his graduation, my family and Omi and Buppi went to Tucanos to celebrate. Tucanos is my brother's favorite restaurant, because it is all you can eat meat. Delicious!

No comments: