4.06.2009

Troubles with LDSSA

So I wanted to have a budget of $1500 for next year's LDSSA, which I will not be in charge of. There will be a new president, new school year, etc. Obviously I would want to leave the new person with some money to work with, right?
Sigh.
The school Senate is the one who decides how much money each club is allocated. Because I haven't used all my funds this year (I have about $500 left), they got super concerned I guess and gave me a preliminary budget of.....$466. For the entire year. That is as much money as we spent on some of our activities this year! How does that happen?
I went to almost all the club meetings, we did all our service projects, and turned in paperwork on time. I honestly do not understand how the second largest club on campus can be cut down to a third of its previous budget. Oh well. I will teach the next president to be frugal.

No comments: