11.06.2011

Plastic Chef

It's Jordan. My mom told me yesterday that I needed to blog. I told her Melyn already did a post this week, but then she clarified that she wanted me to blog. So here's me blogging in 5 minutes. Last night Melyn had to work. When she works the Saturday evening shift (which is every other week), she calls a substitute to play the organ the next morning so she can just go to bed when she gets home. However, today she went to sacrament meeting herself so she didn't have to call a substitute. This meant she would be going to bed later, around 11 a.m. Keep in mind that she's been up since 9 a.m. the previous day. I don't know how she did it, but she did.

What this all means is when she finally did go to bed, she wouldn't be getting up until 7 p.m. The responsibility of cooking dinner tonight fell on me. I can cook, but really only things that don't require more than three ingredients. We had a southwestern chicken dish scheduled for tonight, and it definitely went way above my three ingredient rule. It reminded how cooking real meals is really hard. Too much multi-tasking. Among other things, I spilled lime juice in our silverware drawer, got taco powder stains on our white dish towel (Melyn hopes they'll come out), and used way more cooking utensils than I needed too. But the chicken dish turned out ok (if we got sick, I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours). Melyn even rated the meal 5 stars. Well, she really likes the recipe, though I can guarantee my rendition of it needs work. Maybe in the future I'll get more practice on how to cut cilantro, but right now I'm very content with Melyn being in charge of cooking duty. She is so much better at it anyways.

1 comment:

1runhen@comcast.net said...

Great job helping out! I always said practice makes perfect. As for the dish cloths, sounds like nothing some clorox can't fix. Love, Mom