3.30.2010

Just One More

I promise I will start writing my paper soon. I just had to write about some things that have happened lately...

Last Saturday I came home from my ACN training and started to walk down the stairs with my arms full of purse, briefcase, sunglasses, etc. I was wearing high heels. My left heel caught the strap of my briefcase and I fell face first down our extremely steep, hard linoleum stairs. I was so shocked and then I started screaming. I landed on my face and hands, crumpled in a ball on the floor. I started hyperventilating and crying and limped to my bed. I could not catch my breath for the life of me so I thought, "I need a drink of water." I started to limp to the kitchenette and the pain in my legs really got the best of me, so I fainted there in the laundry room. When I woke up, I crawled back to my bed and fell asleep there for about 10 minutes. I called Jordan who came rushing home to save me. He is such a good husband. Anyway, I am still super bruised and couldn't even work a full day at Huntsman a few days later. The leg is healing though. I have (for my nursing buddies out there) some petechiae on my fingers, 2+ pitting edema in my shin, and bruising from the left knee to the bottom of my foot.

I have also been really stressed lately and have been getting migraines more frequently. Fortunately, they have been happening on the weekends when I don't have school or work, but they still cancel all my plans for the day. Cross your fingers for me that I don't get any more. When I was a senior in high school, about two months before graduation I started getting migraines pretty much every other day due to all the stress of Miss Springville, my AP classes, graduation, and applying to colleges. I just pray that doesn't happen to me this time I graduate!

1 comment:

Stelanie said...

Oh honey, I hated reading that and having to picture you falling down the stairs AGAIN! Once was enough! We look forward to seeing you guys on Easter :) Love ya,

Mom