2.24.2010

Birthday!

Today is Jordan's birthday!! He is 24 today, which is really weird. It seems so old :) We are not going to be really celebrating his birthday though because his parents are out of town and he has a quiz and a horrid test today. His teachers have tried to ruin his day, but we won't let it. I'm throwing a party at our house tonight with the two of us! I'm going to buy balloons and party decorations and make a cake. Because I believe that birthdays are special, no matter how old you are. When I lived at my parents, I would always be the decorator for every party. I love it! I'm so excited to see how surprised he is tonight :) he gets home at 8:00!

On another more sad note (for me at least), I have had zero motivation to complete my papers, projects, studying for tests, etc. I am done with school in less than two months and am sick of it. Seriously. I can't even study at our apartment hardly because there are NO comfortable chairs and our landlady listens to the TV so loud that we can't even hardly talk to each other! I have about 5 papers due by tomorrow, two tests, a group presentation in class tomorrow, and an evaluation with my clinical instructor. Bah. Just let me graduate and let me be a nurse. I already know what I'm doing! Not really, but I'm just so fed up. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.

We still haven't heard from any medical schools. Jordan sent updates on how much he would like to get into schools a few weeks ago. Like I said before, we are supposed to hear from VCU on March 15. We just keep praying and fasting for good news but also to be aware of Heavenly Father's plan for us. It is hard to pray for that but we need to show our faith in Him. I heard a really good quote this weekend: "Faith and fear essentially come from the same place. They are both believing in something that hasn't happened yet. The only difference is that one is positive and the other is negative. So choose to believe in the positive." - Danny Bae

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Melyn you are such a cute wife! :)

Melyn said...

Thanks Mandy :)