10.13.2009

Nursing School

Nursing school is seriously killing me. If anyone wants to know why I have been such a hermit lately, it is all because of what torture my professors have been putting me through. Let me explain:
14 hours of clinical every week
6 hours of class every week
15+ hours studying every week
Extra out of class projects, including: group community poster project and 4 page paper, interactive process recording equaling 28 pages, attendance at 2 12-step programs, and 2 papers due every thursday. I probably forgot something.
In addition to all the nursing crap (which learning material I actually enjoy - psych nursing), I am taking a photography class for my last general. This class is required for me to graduate. Why did I choose photography? I thought it would be great, but I did not take into account the fact that I would spend about 2 hours each week developing film and making prints.
The reason I am talking about this is not to make you feel sorry for me - I just wanted to explain why all I do is study, go to school, spend time with Jordan, and work. It is all I have time for! I have my final tomorrow morning, so wish me luck!
For the next 7 weeks of the semester, I will be in Community Nursing. My clinical site will be with a local agency Symbii Home Health. I enjoy spending time with elderly clients, so this will be an interesting experience. However, I have heard that Community is probably worse than Psych when it comes to work-load. I am so excited to graduate in...21 weeks!!!

1 comment:

Stelanie said...

Holy cow, that blows me away! I can't believe that the end is so near! That light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter!! Ha ha, thats easy for me to say. Love ya, Mom