7.22.2013

Jonah: 2 Months

Jonah’s second month started off with Nana leaving to go back to Utah.  :(  It was so great to have her here!  


Jonah and I also went to church for the first time on May 26.  Everyone adored him and could not stop staring at him and talking to him!  One lady said, “He looks so wise!”  I agree - especially being so new from Heaven, it makes you wonder if the veil is still thin for them.

We drove down to North Carolina to spend Memorial Day with the Bethers.  I’ll admit, I was worried.  Jonah had never stayed the night at someone else’s house, and I was worried the change in environment would be difficult for him.  I’m happy to say it went really well!  Since I had to feed him every 2 hours, I wasn’t able to do as much with the kids as I would have liked, but that’s ok.  We went to their neighbor’s pool party and brought a ginormous pasta salad that Wendy made before she left.  Jonah slept the entire party and we stayed in the shade the whole time.  Jordan and I discovered that making road trips with a baby takes twice as long - if they’re hungry, you have to stop and feed them; if they have a poopy diaper, you have to stop and change them.  Good to know for planning for the future!  



I ended up having to take another round of fluconazole for that dang yeast infection.  Very happily though, it didn’t give either me or Jonah tummy troubles!  Yay!  It also cleared up the infection, which made for a very happy momma!


May 29 was the first time Jonah went 7 hours between feedings at night!  I was so full of milk that I had to pump and got SIX ounces out of one side!  I was shocked.  He slept so much because the little stinker decided not to nap at all the day before!


May 30 was mine and Jordan’s fourth anniversary!  We went to see Iron Man 3 during the afternoon with Jonah.  He did great, only had to eat once and didn’t cry.  The loud noises made him jump though!  That evening, he got his first non-family babysitter, our good friend from the branch Haley Donaldson.  She watched him while we went to dinner!  It was so nice.  


Jonah hit his 1 month growth spurt at the end of May, and was eating every hour and a half!  He would sleep really well at night though.  His nighttime feedings were very consistent - 1, 4, and 7!  He also started being consistently fussy around 6 PM, and cluster feeding until bedtime.



Jonah has pulled off some amazing feats when it comes to his diaper.  I’m not even joking - somehow he has managed to pee on both me and Jordan with the diaper on.  But when I go to take the diaper off, it is dry and his clothes are dry!!  How in the world...I’ll never know.  Another time he peed on me FIVE times in a row!!  Every time I would go to put a new diaper on, he would pee on me!  He just kept laughing, and I kept laughing too - it was SO funny!




We noticed the beginning of an umbilical hernia in the start of June.  I told the doctor about it and they said it could wait until his next appointment.  Usually hernias disappear by themselves and aren’t an issue until 3-4 years old.  




In the middle of the month, Jonah began projectile vomiting a few times a day, as well as spitting up ALL DAY long!  I was so worried.  In addition to this, he was super fussy, eating every hour, and had a temperature of 99.2.  I took him to the doctor and she said I was feeding him too much!  They weighed him at the doctor and he weighed 11 pounds!!!  I was so shocked.  He had gone from 25th percentile to 75th percentile in a few weeks!  Wow.  So they said to feed him no more than every 2 hours and use the binkie more.  This REALLY concerned me though.  Everything that I had learned, read, and was told by nurses and lactation consultants was to feed on demand!  So I called the lactation consultant and told her the situation as well.  She suggested feeding from only one side each time and if he gets hungry again in the space of an hour, feed from that same side.  Then switch to the other side at the next feeding.  It’s called “block feeding.”  



At his doctor’s appointment on June 14, Jonah’s stats were: 11 pounds 3 ounces, head circumference 37 cm, and 23 inches long!  He also got his immunizations that day and was not happy about it at all.  I felt so horrible for him.  His little legs where he got shot were red and swollen.  Every time he would kick his legs he would scream and cry.  :’(  It was so heartbreaking!  He also had a low grade temperature of 99.8.  I called the doctor and they said I could give him baby Motrin, which really helped him.  



We celebrated Jordan’s first Fathers Day on June 16!  We gave him a nice card and a photo book with lots of pictures from Jonah’s birth onward.  



Every time Jonah eats now he grabs onto my shirt so tightly.  I love it!




We went to my co-workers baby shower on June 19 and everyone LOVED Jonah!  He was such a little stud, smiling at my co-workers!  It was so fun.  




We also went up to Girls Camp on June 21.  It was great!  Jonah was so good, he hardly cried at all.  It was super hot though, so I fed him frequently so he wouldn’t get dehydrated.  The Young Women are obsessed with him.  It’s so cute! :)


On Jonah’s 2 month birthday, he and I went to Virginia Beach and just played in the water, read, and took naps.  He had a good time looking at the underside of the umbrella, but did not like the water one bit!  It was really cold for him.  When I put his little toes in, he jerked his feet back and screamed.  Other than that though, it was great!


2 comments:

The Fintch said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and those are the cutest pictures. :) He looks adorable.

Melyn said...

Thanks Char! :)