3.18.2013

Week 32 Update


This week has not been the greatest.  Jordan got sick from his hospital, passed it to me, and then I spread it to a few of my co-workers.  Blah!!  I never realized how horrible it is to be pregnant and sick. I had to call out this weekend because I was feeling so awful.  Major congestion and phlegm, coughing,  and extreme tiredness.  I was so worried about how being sick would affect Jonah.  Jordan was amazing while I was sick - he took care of me and the house, and he gave me a healing blessing which was so comforting.  I'm so grateful that he holds the priesthood and uses it!  

One great thing about this week was that me and Jordan were able to Skype with my brother Jordan who finished his mission in Argentina!  My mom went to pick him up and they're traveling all around his mission now.  It was great, and although we couldn't talk for long, it was so good to see him!

STATS

This week our sweet Jonah has more hair on his head (with color!).  His bones are getting stronger and hardening.  He is gaining more fat so his body temperature is more regulated and is shedding the lanugo.  

How far along: 32 weeks and 3 days!  I'm in the eighth month...time flies so fast. 

How big is baby: About the size of a squash.  At our last appointment, he weighed approximately 4 pounds!  He is approximately 17 inches long.  

Total weight gain: Whew...since I haven't posted my weight in a while I'm a little embarrassed.  However I'm determined to document so my pregnant brain doesn't forget these things :)  I've gained a total of almost 25 pounds exactly!  So I weigh 155.

Maternity clothes: They're the only thing I wear.  I'm most comfortable in my yoga pants or pajama pants.  I like dressing up but dealing with all the layers of clothing is a pain!  I'm really excited to go get some spring clothes though at Motherhood Maternity this week.  They've got some cute pastel colored pants that I love!

Stretch marks: My best efforts are holding up for the most part.  I recently bought a new oil by Mama Mio and it smells amazing (like oranges).  I do have one new stretch mark on my right thigh, but that's ok.

Sleep: Since I've been sick, it's been pretty dang horrible.  Who am I kidding though - it's not like I've gotten a good nights sleep recently!  Something about carrying more weight and being hot in the middle of the night ruins that, haha!  I'm looking forward to the days when I'm old and can sleep again - because I know that's not going to happen while I have kids in the house.
Best moment this week: I finally picked out a good pediatrician!  His name is Jeffrey Hanzel and he actually works in a clinic Jordan had a rotation at his first year in medical school!  He even remembered Jordan.  He has LOTS of experience, and although his office isn't the prettiest, he knows what he's doing.  He will start seeing Jonah a few days after birth and then regularly for well-baby visits/immunizations.
Movement: Like crazy!  I posted a few videos on Facebook of Jonah kicking (blogger won't upload them for some reason).  I can feel him more now than I did when he was smaller.  I think it's because he is so cramped, that every move he makes I can feel.  I absolutely love watching my belly move when he's wiggling around!  It is so funny and strange to watch!  He immediately calms down though whenever Jordan or I are talking, which I think is so sweet.  He's listening to us!  
Food cravings: None really, just vague cravings for smoothies.  Just trying to eat healthy-ish and drink plenty of water.  Especially since I've been sick.  I did make a spur of the moment purchase while in Target when I saw Cadbury mini eggs on sale and thought, "I must buy those!  Such a good deal!"  They were delicious, needless to say.  And Jonah enjoyed them too ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!  Thank goodness. 
Gender: Sweet baby boy!

Labor Signs: None, but I do get Braxton Hicks whenever I'm walking too fast.  I estimate that walking will be a good way to help labor for me.  

Symptoms: Oh my goodness - RIB PAIN!!  It's so bad.  And it's really just this one spot on my left rib a few inches below the sternum.  Applying pressure helps a little, and laying down helps the most.  Also left mid back pain.  My kidney's are fine though, so it's not that.  It's just baby Jonah growing and needing more room.  My nose is constantly congested, and being sick has made that even worse.  I didn't realize how horrible it is to be sick when pregnant.  I also had some major shortness of breath because of the congestion these past few days, but not to a worrisome point.  I have a difficult time eating a full meal now because of my squished stomach, so I really just snack throughout the day when I'm at home or eat every few hours when I'm at work.
Belly Button in or out? In!  I'm so surprised at this.  I have this paranoia that my belly button will hurt when/if it pokes out, so it makes me glad.  It is really stretched though.  I've been putting plenty of body oil around it so it can stretch :)
Wedding rings on or off? On!  I haven't had hardly any edema.  I think it's because I'm drinking plenty of fluids and moving around.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm getting past the moody stage, and I feel like I've really learned some ways to deal with that.  So I'm mostly happy.

Things I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.  Not having constant rib/back pain.  Being able to eat a large delicious meal!  
Looking forward to: Getting maternity photos done!  Amelia Johnson in my branch (an AMAZING photographer) is going to be doing them in the beginning of April.  Also looking forward to coming to Utah at the end of this month!!!

Next Appointment: March 21, 2013. 

2 comments:

Jenae said...

Love it! We're so excited to see you next week! So fun to read your update. Love you!

Melyn said...

I can't wait to see you either!! Love you!