4.24.2012

I Am Thankful

I know you think I've forgotten about you.  Don't worry, my dear people, I haven't.  I've just been busy.  Does life ever not get busy?  I don't think so.  I'll keep getting busier and busier, but I'll always try to remember to write.  I have set an appointment for myself in my phone for every Thankful Tuesday, Catchup Wednesday, and Flashback Friday.  The thing is just committing to actually writing!  For FHE this week, we read the "April Conference Notebook" in this month's Ensign.  We learned about how we can better have the Spirit and learn more by studying the General Conference talks.  One quote I loved by David A. Bednar says that

"no matter how effectively a speaker may teach, 'the content of a message and the witness of the Holy Ghost penetrate into the heart only if a receiver allows them to enter.'  He explained that receiving inspiration 'requires spiritual, mental, and physical exertion and not just passive reception.'" 

I love that.  We have to commit to learning more and doing more.  As President Hinckley said, 

"Out of all we have heard, there may be a phrase or a paragraph that will stand out and possess our attention.  If this occurs, I hope we will write it down and reflect on it until we savor the depth of its meaning and have made it a part of our own lives."  

So I am thankful for the Ensign, General Conference, and this Church that we are members of.  

On a random side note, I'm thankful for the amazing website Pinterest.  I have found so many amazing ideas for EVERYTHING.  For home decorating, to cooking, to raising kids, to books to read, to funny statements and pictures.  It's awesome!  

No comments: