12.22.2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year, I had to work on Thanksgiving. Jordan and I decided to "postpone" celebrating until the weekend, and we had a wonderful time! I had bought the smallest bone-in turkey breast I could find (5-ish pounds) and cooked the bird, made mashed potatoes, rolls, and pumpkin pie! It was a Thanksgiving to remember :) The turkey turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. And since I bought one with a pop up thermometer, roasting it was easy. I'm going to do that from now on! I heard from my grandparents that my little cousins raised a turkey that was over 30 pounds, and they had it for Thanksgiving! Talk about a lot of meat! Our little bird lasted us for about a week.




For the turkey, I rubbed it with olive oil, salt, and pepper and cooked it for 2-3 hours. The rolls are freezer rolls. Pumpkin pie came from can (and was yummy). The potatoes are 4 large potatoes, with sour cream, cream cheese, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. I've found that you can have a delicious meal without the hassle of cooking all day long - meaning you can make things from a can or the freezer section and they'll still taste good. Yay for shortcuts! :)

No comments: