11.08.2010

Me on a Scooter


Well, we took the plunge way earlier than expected. Shown above is photographic evidence that Melyn and I purchased a scooter. How did this happen? So, I've been searching craigslist off and on over the last month to see how much used scooters were going for and what models people were selling. Using craigslist hadn't been very promising here in Richmond because rarely a scooter would appear that would fit our needs and usually it wouldn't be in very good condition nor would the seller be asking a fair price. So we had been planning to buy a new scooter at a dealership sometime next year when we could afford it. But, last week I noticed a posting for a Yamaha C3 (the same model Melyn mentioned would be a good compromise for us). It looked like it was fairly new and in good condition, but the seller was asking for more than we would consider buying it for. However, the seller kept going down in price every few days as he mentioned he was moving to California and needed to sell the scooter in part to buy his plane ticket. So it got to a point where it was listed for an unbelievable deal, and we decided to take a look.

After test driving it a bit, I felt very happy with it. After talking it over some more with Melyn, doing some more research as well as looking at its background, we decided to buy it. My first ride home with it was very fun. It can reach a little above 40 mph, which is fine for the roads I'll be riding on. It should cut my ride time to school almost in half, plus I won't arrive sweaty. And yes, Mom, I will be safe and wear a helmet always!

3 comments:

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

Woo Hoo ~ I LOVE it! And I love the bright color so it will stand out and people will see you more easily. ENJOY!

driftwood13@gmail.com said...

What Fun! Anthony sure enjoyed his, be safe and best of luck with all that you have going on.
Michelle & Kelly

Stelanie said...

I love it!